Core company information
Here are points that one should research about the Company
- What does this company do? (Products/services)
- Where it is located
- The company's history such as when was it created, who were the founders, in which country did it originate?
- What is the company's mission statement
- What are the working hours? (Would there be shift work involved/flexi hours)
- Parent or subsidiary company information.
- Who its main competitors are (How can you help the employer gain a competitive advantage?)
- Is it a growing company?
- What makes the company unique?
- Does it engage in any social/environmental issues?
- Biographical information on the CEO
- Was there any relevant information about the company in the news recently.
- what roles are available for graduates and what the scheme or job involves
- what degree background and qualifications are required - minimum requirements
- what general competences and specific skills are needed
- what the recruitment process involves - type of application and stages
- contact details for applying
- the application deadline.
Company culture and general feelings
You need to:
- find out about the company's core values and aims
- think about how the company likes to see itself
- consider how it is viewed externally
- review any personnel policies
- think about how you view the organisation
- ask yourself why working for the employer appeals to you.